D support was added to Doxygen version 1.3.6, and was working even before that using "dfilter"
However, there are still a few problems with using Doxygen for creating D documentation.
None for 1.4.3 so far
Tracker bug for D issues:
- debug and version conditionals are not supported
- "alias" not working (should be in D mode)
- /+ +/ comments are not recognized
- attribute blocks not supported
- "function" and "delegate" not working
- templates not supported
Automatic documentation for:
- Unit Tests
- dfilter can be used to preprocess .d source code
FILTER_PATTERNS = *.d=dfilter
- simple text changes, like the ones listed below
- the C/C++ preprocessor features of Doxygen can be abused to change text/words
- alias can be treated as "typedef"
- NG:digitalmars.D.announce/241 (dfilter program)
Now that the D compiler features embedded documentation functionality ("Ddoc": D 1.x, D 2.x), there's probably not as much need for Doxygen to be modified to suit D, but it would still benefit D if Doxygen were more "D-compatible".