Difference (last change)
(no other diffs, normal page display)
* Drupal Wiki - A guide to enabling wiki-esq editing of pages.|
|Drupal files used|
- Drupal 5.7 core
- Igniter - A very light starting theme. 5.x-1.x-dev.
- Core modules enabled - Blog, Blog API, Contact, Forum, Path, Ping, Profile, Search, Statistics, Tracker, Upload
- Views - The views module provides a flexible method for Drupal site designers to control how lists of content (nodes) are presented. 6.x-2.0-beta3.
- Panels - Allows you to create pages that display a configurable layout (coloum or grid) of nodes, views, blocks, etc. Used on a lot of frontpages. Panels 2beta5 is advised by the panel devs to be used over Panels 1 with the final version to be out soon
- Event - Allows you to create event nodes.
- e-Commerce - Online store
- Token - Required by e-Commerce
Not possible as of yet;
- FCKEditor - I'm preferring this atm.
- Pathauto - automatically creates nice url aliases
- Save as Draft
- or Workflow
- Trash - This module adds a trash for nodes. 6.x-1.x-dev.
- Scheduler - This module allows nodes to be published and unpublished on specified dates. Apparently ported to D6?
- Gallery - This module embeds Gallery2. 6.x-1.x-dev.
- Image - This module allows users with proper permissions to upload images into Drupal. Thumbnails and additional sizes are created automatically. 6.x-1.0-alpha1
- Privatemsg - Allows your site's visitors to send private messages to each other. D6 port postponed.
- Apply for role - Allows users to apply for a role and administrators to approve their application.
- Google Analytics - Adds the Google Analytics web statistics tracking system to your website. Ported to 6.
- XML Sitemap - Creates a site map in accordance with the sitemaps.org specification. In progress.
- Trackback - Contacts posted blog entries via trackback. Ported to 6.
- Wiki functionality;
Other interesting modules;
- phpBB2drupal - Copies info across from phpBB2. Ported to 6.
- ShareThis - A one click button for multiple social bookmarking sites. 6 only.
- Content Construction Kit (CCK) - Allows you create and customize fields using a web browser. 6.x-1.0-alpha.
- Taxonews - Generates blocks containing titles of node matching terms in a taxonomy vocabulary, as links to the nodes themselves, with automatic content expiration based on publishing date. Ported to 6.
- Taxonomy image - Link an image to taxonomy terms.
- Taxonomy menu - Menus from taxonomies.
- Taxonomy Browser - Think of this as a 'build your own category view' page. Ported to D6
- Sections - Use different themes for different sections. Ported to 6.
- FlashVideo - Allow web developers and users to upload video files, automatically convert those videos to the popular Flash format, and embed them in any node. Ported to 6.
- Video Filter - For embedding flash videos from a number of sites.
- jQuery UI Tabs - Client-side interactive tabs. 6.x-1.x-dev.
- Drupal 6 module compatibility list
- Shell Social Network Playground - "Test ground for social networking modules"
A brief note of what configuration changes have been made to the Drupal install for the new Forest site.
- Modify sites/default/settings.php permissions
- Create /files/ dir in Drupal root, modify permissions
- Upload Forest logo
- Display only logo, user pictures in posts/comments and shortcut icon
- Display info only on blog and forum nodes
- Clean URLs: Enable
- Date and time
- Time zone: Europe/London
- Change date formats to day/month/year
- Add to exclude list; edit-persistent-login-pages
- Enable basic and advanced file management
- Set CSS options to defaults
- Change line breaks to br
- Change input formats to 'full html'
- Image toolkit
- Repeating events
- Enable intervals in advanced section
- Enable repeating events in the event content type
- Site information
- Name: The Forest
- E-mail: i n f o @ t h e f o r e s t . o r g . u k
- User settings
- Disable user registration - for now at least
- Enable picture support, change max res to 150x150, filesize to 60kB
- User roles
- Create new 'admin', 'basic forest user' roles
- Delete the story content type - we'll use pages instead
- Add a vocabulary "Categories"
- Enable for blog posts and events
- Enable 'free tagging', 'multiple select' and 'required'
- Content types
- Disable 'promote to the front page' for events and products
- Create a content type called 'Group' for group nodes
- Contact form
- Categories: General enquiries, Forest grant applications, Volunteering, To hire the hall, Art gallery and art submissions, Project ideas and EVS applications, To use the darkroom
- Disable login
- Disable group details and notifications
- Change overview type to list
- Disable content type filter
- Navigation menu
- Disable 'groups', 'my unread', 'recent posts', 'products'
- Primary links
- Home - <front> - "Return to the front page" - weight: -10
- About - about/ - "About The Forest"
- Events - event/ - "What's happening at The Forest" - weight: -7
- Store - product/ - "But things from The Forest" - weight: 4
- Contact - contact/ - "Contact The Forest" - weight: 5
- Forum - http://theforest.org.uk/bb/ - "Discuss The Forest" - weight: 7
- Login - user/ - "Login to this site" - weight: 10
- Post a test;
- Views and Panels
- Create a flexible panel page named 'newfrontpage'
- Change to one rows, two columns, Left & Right, 50% each
- Create new view that lists images attached to upcoming events
- More later.....
- phpBB3 - Upgrade the bb to this?
|Comments and suggestions|
Please place comments in this section with your name and a link to your site if you have one. Automatic signatures by using two - and four ~ together, Wikipedia style, thanks. --MilkMiruku June 28, 2008 2:01 CET